The -een Names

Just about all of my life, I have been fascinated with the variety of Southern names for women that end with "een".  The creativity of parents across the land, especially those in the 30s, 40s and 50s, to put a new spin on the names that end this way both amazes me and makes me smile.  So, I put a little list together, thanks to the help from the readers of this blog and my Facebook friends, that goes a little something like this...

The 1989 Steel Magnolias bunch: M'Lynn, Truvy,
Ouisie, Annelle, Clairee & Shelby.  No "-een"s?!? 
I know they at least had friends that ended in "een"! 

Abilene
Alene
Ambereen
Angeleen
Bernadine
Caroleen
Chaneen
Charleen
Christine
Claudine
Colleen
Coreen
Darlene
Deneen
Earline
Eileen
Ernestine
Evangeline
Faline
Florine
Francine
Georgine
Geraldine
Grenadine
Gurleen
Harleen
Imogene
Irene
Jacqueleen
Juleen
Johleen
Johnine
Jolene
Josephine
Josheen
Justine
Kathleen
Kayleen
Keithleen
Laleen
Lolene
Lorene
Lurlene
Maeeen
Marcelline
Marcine
Marlene
Maudeen
Maureen
Maybelline
Nadine
Pagene
Pantene
Pauleen
Rayleen
Rogene
Rolleen
Sandrine
Shaneen
Sharleen
Shayleen
Shireen
Verleen
Wylene


Know any more?  Tell me!  Tell me!