Too cool for school


Alright, thanks for reading. Where is everyone? Well, now there's someone. I see you! Come on in and have a seat. Right here up front. Don't be shy. Okay, all of you file in here. Come on now! There have been some new readers that have joined us this week, class, and I want to say welcome. We do things a little different here, so I do not want to hear how your teacher was last year, 'mmmmmkay? We like to use Sharpies here instead of Number 2 pencils and you can never be line leader. No sulking about it or I'll make you beat the erasers. And, if you don't do that, it'll be two hits. Alright, now get out your books and turn... I'll admit it. I LOVED playing school and could really get after it today if I had a chalkboard, a big stack of Mead and if I knew no one was looking.


I feel like I have been going on some crazy tangents about bath stew & nutria at the park in past posts and have left my boys out in the freezin' cold. I will look back on this blog someday in the nursing home (surely every room will be equipped with the latest in technology) and wonder why I droned on about rats with orange teeth (Pick a new snack, rats! Cheetos are tearing your teeth up!) instead of hablando mas sobre mis hijos. I love to toss in a little Spanish here and there, muchachos.

My little dude is putting 2 words together now. Awwww.... He likes to say "help me, help me, help me, help me" when he is "stuck" somewhere. I also passed by him today and he said "Hi, Mommy" and gave me the sweetest smile. It melted my heart. There goes that melted heart visual again. I have got to quit that. My stomach can't take it. The other variation is "Bye-bye _____". "Bye-bye, bass" when he's done with is bath, "bye-bye, daddy" when Chris leaves for work, etc. I'm not sure how he's going to spice up the first thing he says every morning, which is "eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat". For the life of me, I cannot figure out what it is that he is wanting to do...

Austin is still my precious little guy. He is a lot of fun to talk to everyday. He looooves to exaggerate about everything! He will literally follow you around a store and say that we "never get him anything". You "NEVAH" get me any "toe-weeze". You "ALWAYS" are mean "ever-day". You could open a closet so full of Star Wars figurines that when you open the door they literally pile on top of you so high that you are no longer able to be seen and he'll STILL ask, "Mom, when we go to the store, can we go by the flowers? The Star Wars guys are by the flowers". He's 5, so I'll cut him some slack. Not for long, though! I can't keep up this Star Wars buying craze for much longer. It's eating into our grocery bill. Really, it doesn't matter as I do not have room for bread or cereal anyway. That dang Millenium Falcon takes up so much space in the pantry. Oh, and rest assured, that cowboy shirt has a Darth Vader shirt underneath it.

Well, y'all...I could go on. I really could. But, I must pry my husband away from his video game so I can watch "Community". So, class you are excused. Please arrive early next time and quit asking to go to the bathroom.