Looking for the perfect stocking stuffer? Try the 2015 Chrysler 200.



Finally, I sit in front of my laptop. I miss you, laptop. Your black, straight monitor and quick little keys have a special place in my heart. I have been wanting to sit in front of you ever since last week, but have had difficulty finding the time to do that. You see, the Thursday before Thanksgiving, I had to bid farewell to one of my favorite new friends. This post is all about that friend, so you'll be hearing more about her in a second. On Friday and in the days following, some of my favorite people ever came to visit. My family from Washington and Florida were here for the Thanksgiving break. So, as you can imagine, there hasn't been a lot of time to give to you.

Thanks to STI and Chrysler, I was able to give my own vehicle the boot for the week and drive in splendor and bliss. When I got back into my car, I felt like I was getting back into a really old station wagon with radio dials from the 60s. In actuality, my SUV is a 2008 and has a digital radio, but...it just doesn't compare. As much as I am grateful for its years of service, it just doesn't compare at all.

Here's my friend, though you must've have seen her when you started reading this post. I can't keep secrets well.

The 2015 Chrysler 200.



If you are going to use this as a stocking stuffer, may I suggest that you consider looking into a new stocking? One that is extra, extra, extra, extra (times 800) large? And not made of cotton or felt?  Or the other option? Just slide the key in there.

Instead of give you a long narrative about why this friend should be your friend, too, and be a part of your Christmas scene this year, I thought I'd just show you the pictures. I'd let them speak for themselves, but, I am a blogger after all. I must yap.

 
 
I really can't decide what I love most about this car, but I can tell you that I really, really, really love the dual sunroof. I feel like I am almost driving in a convertible when both panels are uncovered. It just feels so light and bright in the car when they are open. If I could drive and stand up through the sunroof and yell "Hello, world!!!" at the same time, I would have tried it.
 
 
 
This little screen can be changed out to show your miles per hour, gas situation, some other fancy things and this screen showing the tire pressure. The week that I drove the car was a colder one for us down here in Texas. The tire pressure would fluctuate with the temperature and sort of stress me out. You see that "35" is a different color, right? That indicates that the tire pressure is a little bit lower than it should be. That tire would be fine later in the day and maybe another one would pipe up with, "I need more air! Give me air! Airrrrr!!!" The tires were all fine, though. It was just a weather thing. It would have been better for my heart rate to change this screen out.
 
 
 
 Don't EVEN get me started on the music situation. I was in love. Love, love, love. The sound quality was awesome and the selection was the best. I loved listening to the radio and satellite radio A LOT. Like I said before, I am driving a 2008 vehicle with minimal bells and whistles. I don't get to listen to my iPod as I drive along either. It was like visiting with an old friend again when I drove the Chrysler 200 for the week. "Adia" by Sarah McLachlan greeted me every time I got in because the music was not shuffled and she is the first on the list. I got to hear "All Cried Out" by Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam a lot, too, for that same reason. There was no complaining from me! Somewhere along the way, I hit shuffle and belted out "I Told You So" by Carrie Underwood. That girl can SANG.
 
I sure do miss that sound system.
 
 
 
This little panel is different than it is in most cars. Do you see that lower left-hand corner? That is the gear shift! It's a dial! Get outta town! And on the right? That's the parking brake! It's just a little lever! Unbelievable! I liked how dial-y this car was because it was just so simple to operate everything. Having all of the controls centralized like that makes you feel like you are a pilot or something or maybe sitting next to Sandra Bullock in Gravity. Tell me another car that makes you feel like that, huh? Huh?! Hard to do. Hard to do.
 
 

 
When you open up the center console, the electronic plug-in area is revealed. That console was so deep and spacious that I was almost tempted to fill it up and take a little bubble bath at the red lights. Fearful that I might get arrested, I decided not to try it. The other issue with doing that is all of the water might've rushed out of that hole at the top left. I LOVE that I could plug my phone in and sent it in its own little tray and out of the way. My phone liked sitting there, too. It was able to have some peace and quiet for once.


When the phone was hanging out below, I slid it into this special little area in the console made specifically for the phone (or maybe for a wallet?). Either way you look at it, phones and wallets are really made to feel special in the Chrysler 200.



My two boys, ages 10 and 6, absolutely loved riding around in this car. There was lots of room for their legs and drinks and backpacks. Lots of sports are played between the two of them. There was plenty of room for all of their gear in the back. If they needed to get something out of the trunk as we drove along, they could open up a little door to gain access to the back. They thought that was cool. Neither child is in a car seat anymore (THANK THE GOOD LORD!), so I didn't check out the car seat clickers that would've been nestled in the back seat but I have a feeling it was top notch.


I really have no criticisms of this car. I thought it was all-around awesome. I liked how I didn't have to put a ton of gas in it like I do with my SUV. I love how slick it looked and adored all of the extra features. My husband really, really liked it, too. I didn't take a picture of the steering wheel (what was I thinking??), but there are these two extra tabs on it that he said has something to do with shifting gears. He said that you see those types of gears in sports car. So fancy!

I just know that I loved the Chrysler 200 and would totally buy one for myself. Only, if I buy one, I don't think I'd get black interior. It looks AWESOME, but with two boys, it seems to show blades of grass and dirt unleashed from the bottoms of cleats a lot faster than other vehicles. Actually, now that I think about it, maybe that is actually a plus. Maybe I'd keep a car with black interior clean much better because I would notice the dirt and grass much faster.

Hmmmm....

Also? If you get one? Please don't spend 30 minutes looking around the inside of the car and inside the manual for instructions on how to open the gas tank. Hear me: You just push the door to the gas tank. You press in and then it clicks open. So simple. Let's keep it between us that it took me so long to figure out, please?

I believe the base price for this vehicle was around $26,000. My upgraded model was around $36,000.