Music Magpie Review: A Fun Place To Sell Your Old CDs, DVDs, Games & Blu-Rays!

If you have gotten rid of all your wanted CDs, DVDs and Games, you are more organized than me. I'm one of those people who likes to hold on to Madonna cassette tapes and New Kids On The Block CDs even if all of that music has been downloaded to my iPod.
 
I know. Makes no sense.
 
Well, actually, it does make sense a little. What if I lose my iPod?
 
That music is saved on iTunes, you say?
 
Okay, well, what if the big iTunes data holder somewhere in California melts? Huh? Huh? Didn't think of that, did you?
 
Not likely to happen?

A "big iTunes data holder" doesn't exist?
 
Okay. You won.
 
I know holding on to tons of old CDs and DVDs, especially the ones that you don't absolutely love, is not a great idea. You could use that space that is storing all of those flat boxes to store boxes of something else, like rogue Tupperware lids. We are actually in the process of cleaning out lots of closets and boxes right now. We moved to this house in December 2012. Before we moved, we got rid of stuff, but there is still more stuff that needs to go, including CDs and DVDs.
 
(Do CDs and DVDs have feelings?)
 
There is actually a company out there called Music Magpie that makes getting rid of your CDs, DVDs and Games an easier decision, because they pay you to do it. It's also super easy to do, too. When you get to the site, you will see a box right in the center where you can enter the bar code for your disc that you would like to sell. Immediately, you are able to find out how much money that disc is worth.
 
Some birds over at Music Magpie cleanin' house and gettin' rich.
 
 
This morning I picked up the first two flat boxes I saw near our television and plugged in the bar codes over at Music Magpie. I found out that I would make $.53 on Freaky Friday and $1.34 on Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 for the Wii.
 
I've got some serious boxes of old stuff. That could add up to big money.
 
(I might sell that Big Game Hunter when none of the boys in the house are watching, but Freaky Friday ain't goin' nowhere!)
 
(I love the part where bubbles come out of the washing machine.)
 
So, remember, it's easy. Also, the shipping is free and you get paid by a check. There is actually a Music Magpie app that allows you to just scan your barcode and find out how much the disc is worth.
 
Ready to clean out your closet now?
 
Go here to learn more about selling your CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays and Games.
 
 

Music Magpie sponsored this post but all opinions are my own.