Why I feel like this Intel Venue 7 tablet by Dell is the right one forme

I'm always a little behind the times. I remember when my husband wanted me to get an iPhone and I stared at him like he was crazy while clutching my flip phone tightly in my hand. Why did I need an iPhone when I had a flip phone?? Crazy man! Now, my iPhone and I are super close. (I actually never share this story with my iPhone. I just know he'd be crushed.)

I think that behind-the-times thing is happening again, but this time it's with the tablet.

I always hear "tablet this" and "tablet that" from people and I suppress the urge to roll my eyes. Although I didn't make this graphic for this particular reason, it really is sort of fitting.



My husband has the iPad. He actually has two- one for personal use and one for work. Although whatever he has is mine, of course, I don't have my own personal iPad. I want a "tablet". I want to be able to say, "Hey, could you please pass me my tablet?" or "I'm sorry. I've got to go. I need to charge my tablet." This is why when I received an e-mail from the nice people of Intel asking if I'd like to receive a tablet in exchange for a review, I was all, "SIGN ME UP!"

And this is what they sent me.




I'm trying to be all extra fancy by putting the reflection of the Dell website on my tablet's screen. You can get this tablet for $149.99 at Best Buy. Here are some technical details about the device straight from the source, in case you were wondering.



  • 7-inch HD display: Experience beautiful visuals on the WXGA display with 1280 x 800 pixel resolution.
  • Intel processor with 2GB RAM: Get the multitasking power you need for everyday tasks with the Intel Atom Z2560 processor and 2GB system memory.
  • 16GB built-in storage: Keep your music and photos close at hand with 16GB of built in storage that's expandable to 32GB with a MicroSD card (memory card sold separately).
  • Go wireless: Connect to the web with built-in Wifi and pair up with compatible devices using Bluetooth technology.
  • Rear- and front-facing cameras: Use the 3MP rear camera and VGA resolution front camera to capture fun shots, chat with friends, or record 720p video at 30fps.
  • Android 4.2, Jelly Bean: This smooth, intuitive OS is easy to customize and provides access to tons of apps from Google Play.

  • That all sounds great to me!

    I am MOST excited about that storage space for photos. We will go on vacation soon and I ALWAYS run out of room to take pictures and videos on my iPhone. Always. I know I need to download them and organize them and all of that business, but I don't really have time to do that before we go. I'm super excited that I can take this along with me and have sooooo much room. Plus, I will be able to use a new app called PicsArt Studio to edit the pictures. I'm pretty tight with the photo editing tools I use for the iPhone. I'm curious what PicsArt Studio is like. I'll report back!

    I'm also excited about it having "Intel inside". I had always heard those commercials about a device having "Intel inside" and, honestly, I thought, "Big deal. I've got a liver inside, so there! And also a spleen! And a pancreas!" Getting this device made me actually figure out what "Intel inside" meant. Per Intel, having "Intel inside" means "blazing fast performance, smooth app-switching, powerful visuals, long battery life" and "Windows or Android". Mine is an Android, but the thought of a tablet having Windows is pretty awesome.

    This nifty little video shows you how all Intel tablets come equipped to ward off viruses.


    This Venue 7 tablet is the right one for me because it is a) lightweight, b) low cost (if I were to buy it myself), c) easy to use (I feel like it looks a lot like my smartphone now, but better), d) the potential to type out my blog posts on-the-go (I can do it now, but I can do it faster when I get the keyboard attachment) and e) remember what I said about the pictures?

    Thanks, Intel, for sending the device. You have made my vacation tons better and I haven't even left yet!


    #spon: I'm required to disclose a relationship between our site and Intel. This could include the Intel Corporation providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.