Negative Blog Comments: My (Funny) Collection

Well, friends, I think the time has come for me to pull the plug on the comments section of my blog. Now, I know you are super disappointed because you were planning on leaving a really long, thought-out comment, weren't you? Hey, if I do it right, I think the Facebook comments will still be operational, just not the comments section from Blogger. Relief, right? (You hear the sarcasm, don't you?) I get absolutely SLAMMED with spam every day, no matter what. I have hired people to try to prevent it from happening, but it still happens. I get tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of messages about spell casters. I'd show you one of the few thousands I have accumulated, but I don't want to give them any publicity. Actually, now that I think about it, I also get these comments via the Facebook commenting section on my blog, too.

Dang it.

Maybe all the comments are going to get the ax.

There was a day here in the Break Room when the comment section was alive and well. People used to leave lots of comments. I used to leave more comments than I do now on other blogs. It's funny, but back then less people read my stuff, yet I had more comments. As I looked back through the comments to find these gems below, I was reminded of people that used to read my blog (and let me know about it). I was reminded of bloggers whose blogs I used to read. I was reminded of people who read my stuff then and still read it now. For all of those, I am grateful.

In more recent days, however, much more dialogue takes place on Facebook. Or Twitter. I want to be able to still have conversations surrounding topics that I bring up here, if they come up. I just don't want to deal with spell casters and other spammers. They are taking over. They are super annoying and I want all of their comments to fall into a volcano.

Before I officially pull the plug on the comments, though, I thought I'd share a few of the ones that have stood out to me. I didn't include any positive ones. I have loved all of those and treasure them, no doubt. They aren't as entertaining as these, though. I thought you would enjoy them, too.


From a disgruntled reader of the post "Sooo...I ran over 5 ducks": This isn't remotely funny..You're trying to make humor out of it for your blog by trying to be witty and appear remorseful and really it's just sad and pathetic attempt for attention..Y.S.BA.O.Y. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.

From readers who are passionate about pantyhose on the post "You're wearing pantyhose, aren't you?":

SIDENOTE: I don't hate pantyhose.

#1 Thank goodness my wife has the class to wear brown nylons any time she wears a dress, especially with sandal heels. It is the sexiest, most elegant, sophisticated look of all. I would be embarrassed if she didn't. I don't know what idiot started the rule of no hose with sandals. It looks garish and common. Remember, a lady always has time for hose. Prostitutes don't.

#2 I don't care how nice you think your legs look, they are ALWAYS going to be more attractive in well-matched stockings. I can't believe how LAZY we have all become. And you are NUTS to think that we do not get more attention wearing them. I dress so that MEN are attracted to me, not so that some teenager (well, twenty-something) now woman will approve of what I wear. Our HR person, a woman in her 40's, absolutely favors well-dressed woman, and this always means hose. You can see it in promotions. They do not even mind us going barefooted back/forth between our desks and the stacks when working late, as long as we are wearing hose. What is the matter with all of you?

#3 Odd thing, really, that so many women seem to hate them.

Simply put, in my office, you wear them or don't work for us. Yoiu don't wear flip flops of any kind. If it hints that you might wear something to the beach, men or women, you're sent home. A woman run's my HR department. Her idea. Not mine. It's more professional. It impresses clients.

Our Christmas Party is FORMAL. Black tie & gowns. You don't want to attend because you don't want to dress up? Not a problem. You don't get a holiday bonus.

Why is it formal? We invite high profile clients. Again, your appearance is important. The first year we did it, we assumed people knew what "dress up" meant. To all too many it meant that it was outside the office and they could wear their newest pair of jeans.

The younger generation seems to think beach flip flops, jeans, khaki pants and T Shirts are professional office attire. Sorry to disappoint you but it isn't.

You don't want to EVER wear hose? OK, then don't bitch and whine that you're freezing and your feet hurt in the winter when you just have to wear that micro mini skirt and 5" high heels.

If your hose are not comfortable, they are the wrong size or style. Learn to buy clothes.

Lastly, seriously look at your bare leg look. 95% of the women out there do not have the legs to go bare. Sorry, you may think your legs are to die for but when you hit your 30's you start to have changing skin tone, freckles and beauty marks get more contrast, you get spider veins even if you work out and your legs just don't look like they did when you were 18. And that spray tan crap? It gets all over everything. At least most intelligent people know that hosiery are a fashion accessory where that spray tan crap is fake.


#4 (She really told me off) Than I bet you don't travel much, if you don't see women in hosiery unless they're 60+. Your home town or area isn't the world.

#5 (Are you lazy?) Just my 2 cents...

As a guy, I don't understand why a woman would spend hundreds or thousands of $$ on a nice dress/skirt and shoes and then walk around with nasty, pasty, bare legs. I see it all the time here, how gross! I lived in Eastern Europe doing contract work for quite some time and the women, my girlfriends included, wore nylons ALL THE TIME, with everything. Just goes to show you what a lazy culture America has become, especially the females.
 
 
 
 

From a random commenter that I saw making the rounds on many blogs on the post "Do you remember your school's fight song? My grandmother does."BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN Why American men should boycott American women http://boycottamericanwomen.blogspot.com/ I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don't know how to cook or clean, don't want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women? American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least. This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women. Tens of millions of American men have had their lives completely destroyed by American .
 
 
 
 
From the reader who calls herself "A Woman's Hair Is Her Glory" on the post Locked Up For Love: I love Crystal Gayles hair, it is gorgeous. I think judging her on her choice to keep her hair long is wrong. We all have the freedom to make the choices about how we keep our hair style. Your choice may be to keep your hair short, long, or to donate it, her choice is to keep it long. In the Bible it says "a womans hair is her crowning glory". I thank God for my glory, my hair is mid-thigh length as well as my mothers. My sisters hair is mid-calf length. We choose not to cut our hair, and that is a choice we have a RIGHT to make just like anyone who cuts or donates their hair. LOVING MY CROWNING GLORY :)
 

From a reader on my Unofficial Compton Vacation Guide for 2012 (I probably deserved this one): I have a little trouble with this, people have to live there, I imagine they have no choice. I grew up in a decaying English town, with all the industry closing down, it made 35 in the Crap Towns book the other year. I had no choice as to whether or not I lived there, it was where I grew up, if anything it is even more run down now thirty years later. I've been to California but not Compton, as most people who travel to England never go to Widnes.
 
 
From a reader who made me laugh. I'm still trying to figure this one out. This comment was left on the post called The Foot Fight about how the left foot is jealous of the right foot while the right foot is driving: Kelly got the BLYBNZ . Kelly got the BOOT. Kelly got the INQUIZE. Louisiana THOOTES!
 
 
I could go on, but I know you've got somewhere to be. If it weren't for the comment section, I wouldn't realize how many people out there love pantyhose. I didn't post all of the comments about the men who like to wear them, either. I will miss the comment section.

Don't even get me started on the comments and the hoopla surrounding a post about speaking Spanish. It prompted me to write this apology post.
 
 If I have too many sleepless nights where I toss and turn and wail over this new development in my blogging life, maybe I'll bring them back. For now, they must be on their way.

Click the box below to follow me on Facebook, if you'd like!
 
 
 

Stop by here if you want to chat it up!