You asked, I answered. (Round Two: Part One)



Last year, I asked people on the Kelley's Break Room Facebook page to ask me questions. I answered them in this post here and here. One year later, it hit me to do this again. I remember being so, so entertained by the questions people asked last time that I wanted to do it again. Honestly, I feel like my blog's Facebook page is a constant source of entertainment, but not from me- from the "likers" of that page. I honestly laugh out loud a few times a day at least by the things that people say to me on there.

I am going to answer half of the questions and half of the questions next week.

What kind of food do you eat in secret so you don't have to share with your husband or kids? (Asked by Amy Grotzke of "Funny is Family"): I never really thought I ate anything in secret, but as I sit here thinking about things I have snacked on lately, they've all been eaten in the pantry. I have been really obsessed lately with those sugar free vanilla wafer cookies. I'm not talking about Nilla Wafers. I'm talking about THESE:


Source
Honestly, I don't know that the family would fight me much if they saw me eating these out in the open. They don't seem to love them as much as I do. When those Girl Scout cookies come in, that will be a different story. That brings me to my next question...

Another mom-blogger just mentioned Girl Scout Cookies, so I can't get it off my mind now. Sooooo, what is your favorite Girl Scout Cookie and why? (and are they in your break room?) (Asked by Jill Palmer): My favorite Girl Scout cookies are the Samoas. Hold on. They have a different name now, right? Coconut Delight or something? Anyway, if a Samoa (they'll always be Samoas to me and nobody can change that, dadgum!) and a Thin Mint and a Peanut Butter Girl Scout cookie were all sitting on one plate staring at me, I'd eat the Samoa first, even though I love those other two, also! And, yes, we have Girl Scout cookies in the Break Room. Of course, we do! If Bob from Accounting hasn't eaten all of the Thin Mints, there should be a box of them on the table near the vending machine right now. If you like the lemon shortbread kind, you can find those near the Splenda packets to the right of the orange chair. Fingers crossed that Hazel from HR hasn't gotten to them first! She's a fanatic about lemon shortbread!


I would like to know if there really is a "break room" and if so, what's in it, and what makes it worth mentioning? (Another one from Jill Palmer): Now that you have read about where the Girl Scout cookies are located, Jill, do you still doubt the existence of the break room? Up until Girl Scout cookie time, there was only three things in the break room- an orange chair, a vending machine and Sylvia Snicklebee (the break room cleaning lady). Oh, and me. And you (the readers). Here is a picture of it:



Isn't it gorgeous and super spacious? I feel like I could twirl around and do splits leaps inside it.

People sometimes ask if I have Coca-Cola's permission to use their logo. I actually showed my business card with this logo on it to Coca-Cola themselves when I was at the BlogHer blogging convention. They didn't have a problem with me using the "Coke" logo because, well, look at me. I'm not big time. The whole "Can I get you a coke?" thing comes from what my mom would ask everyone when they came over. It was a way of welcoming them to our house. I think of my blog like a house. The Break Room is worth mentioning, because it is a fictional place where I would like to think people come to take a break, relax and smile...if only for the few seconds they land on my site.

See? We're all good.



Slinky or Clackers? (Asked by Sherri Rose): Sherri! How am I supposed to know what "Clackers" are? That honestly sounds like an STD, so I'm definitely going to go with "Slinky". That is, I'll go with "Slinky" for the first 5 minutes until it breaks and then...do I have to go with "Clackers"? I don't want an STD, Sherri! That would seriously set me back!

Oh. Google said it wasn't an STD.

Source

Clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack, clack.

I'll stick with the Slinky.

Red or white wine? (Asked by Teri Biebel of Snarkfest): Do people have favorites? I just choose whichever one is closest and opened. If both were close and both were open, I would probably go to the white first since it is usually lighter and chilled. I will happily drink the red one, too. No complaining here! At my house, I choose the one that I can open easily first or doesn't have a cork stuck in it. When we moved, I lost my normal corkscrew wine opener thing. I now use this electronic wine opener that sometimes I can't work right. I love it when I can get it to work right. So, the bottom line? I want the closest, easiest one. What about you?

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow. Both African AND European. (This question is from Sarah Hughart of Caffeinated Chronicles of a Super Mom): You know, Sarah, it has been a while since someone has asked me about unladen swallows. This topic used to always come up at a neighborhood playgroup before I moved. I now live in an area where people don't really know the differences in air speed velocity between both the African and European types. As you can imagine, this has brought me such disappointment. Here I thought I was moving to an area where people would be able to have rich, dynamic, insightful conversations about such a topic and BAM, they have no clue. It's actually downright pitiful. But, to get to your question, the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow is, of course (and without a doubt), SADLFJSA;OIDGZMNCVKJ092=23-043OIF+++++FJALKJDFA;992L1J123M9][K"lJA'P;GO
PAOJA;SLKFDLAKF
ASDLFKAS

ADSGLLKFAJS,ZMX
XG

(I wrote that in a code that only people with true knowledge of the unladen swallow would understand. I'm looking forward to many more of these conversations with you, Sarah! So happy to have found a kindred spirit!)


Well, that's it for today. I will answer more questions next week! Thanks for asking them!

 (If you have others, please put them in the comments section here or on Facebook and you know I will answer them! If you have any insight you'd like to share on the questions above, please tell us!)