Recipes from 4-year-olds: Every good cook has to start somewhere!

This weekend I spent A LOT of time cleaning up our house- the study, the closet, under our bed, etc.  In the treasure of things I found was my husband's 1988 Hard Rock Cafe jacket (which I wore all over the house until he noticed it), a $50 savings bond my grandmother gave my 7-year-old son when he was 2-years-old  (Nana LOVES her some savings bonds) and a "cookbook" that same son's preschool class made when he was 4-years-old.  I couldn't resist showing it to you all.  Reading through it makes me laugh out loud every time.  So, if you are feeling out of ideas in the kitchen, let these children help you out.  Mmmmm!!!

(I never had an Easy Bake Oven.  Sniffle, sniffle...)
Source


*APPLE PIE
"You just put it in the oven.  You just bake it for a little bit longer."

*STRAWBERRY CAKE
"You just get it from somewhere far, far away.  Then we just bake it in the oven for 4 minutes.  Then we put icing on.  We stir up the icing.  Then we put it on the cake.  Then we put candles on it.  I'd say 5 candles.  Then we eat it."

*BREAKFAST
"You just go somewhere that has donuts. Then you get some waffles from a store.  Then we get pancakes from a store.  Then we just eat them for breakfast."

SOUP
"We do it in a bag 'cuz we don't want it to spill.  You get a soup bag and crunch it up while it's in the bag.  Then put it in the microwave for 10 minutes.  I think you have to heat it up for 3 times."

CUPCAKES
"Put 4 tablespoons sugar.  Then you add 10 cups water.  And then you cook them for 15 hours.  Then you add pink frosting and sprinkles and that's it."

TACOS
"You make meat and boiling water and sauce and sugar and mint and salt and pepper and then you cook them.  Then you have a tortilla and you cook it and you put sauce, broccoli, meat and that's it."

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
"I think put 2 sprinkles of sugar, a teaspoon of flour and I think a cup of powder.  Put it in a microwave 14 minutes and that's it."

LASAGNA
"You put I think a sprinkle of powder and a teaspoon of  sugar and a cup of flour and a sprinkle of salt.  Put it in the oven for 20 minutes.  That's it."

CHICKEN
"Put a cup of powder and a teaspoon of sugar and a cup of salt and a teaspoon of flour.  Put it in the microwave for 15 seconds.  That's it."

CHEETOS
"Put cheese on them and yellow stuff in there.  Cook for 5 minutes."

JELLY SANDWICH
"We use two bread.  Then we put 21 cups jelly on the bottom.  Then we put bread on top and that's how you make it."

PEANUT BUTTER & HONEY SANDWICH
"So you get two pieces of bread.  And on one of them you put maybe about three spoons of honey.  Then with the other piece of bread you put three spoons peanut butter. Then you put the bread that has the peanut butter on it on top of the bread that has the honey on it."

VEGETABLE SOUP
"You put 9 green beans and pour like 120 hours of the drink of the soup.  You put 15 hours of zucchini.  Put it in the oven for maybe 10 hours.  Then you eat it."

"CHICKEN POPEYE"
"I don't know how to make that but... First you do the beans and you just call it that.  It's really easy.  But you have to buy it in the store, too.  It looks a little different.  It's not like real chicken but just a little different, it looks like macaroni and cheese but it's not macaroni and cheese.  It's really chicken even though it doesn't look like it."

HAMBURGERS
"First you cook the meat- my dad cooks it like 51 time.  Now I think you put the bread and then the cheese on it.  Then you put the other half of the bread.  And that's how you make the hamburger."


*Those first three recipes were from my son.  I promise he doesn't always eat donuts and waffles.  Sometimes he eats oatmeal, alright??


Which recipe are you going to try out first??