Meeting in the Break Room

First item of business:

My husband wanted this for his birthday:
But I got him this, because...well, it was cheaper, folks.  And funnier.  To me.

Sorry to those who have already seen
my iPad joke...


This is a picture of my 6-year-old when he was younger in a wig.

He thought my little joke was funny, too, but I think I detected a bit of despair & sadness in his laughter. The joke really of went down the crapper when my 6-year-old ripped open this technological wonder to reveal it's true colors while chanting "iPad! iPad! iPad!" inside the party room of Macaroni Grill.


Second item of business:

I wanted to let all of you BLOGGAHS know that my friend, Copyboy, of the very funny "Not Worth Mentioning" website has started a new website with some others called Bloggerdise. Bloggerdise is a "free and easy way for bloggers and businesses to connect".  I may try to connect one of these days.  You should definitely check it out soon!  Click here fo mo info.



Third, and last, item of business:

Another friend of mine, Oilfield Trash who writes the funny Make Daddy A Sammich blog, gave me an award yesterday called "The LOL Award".  Thanks, TRASH!  (That was fun to say...)

I am supposed to tell you 7 things about myself you don't know and pass the award on to 7 other blogs.  I'll make this quick:

#1: I can sing "Mary Had A Little Lamb" many different ways, including country, heavy metal and old time Gospel, and often do.  This does not make my family happy.  So, when I sing this little tune, I sing it as loud as I can.
#2: I have lots of socks.
#3: I hate anything with lots of holes, like a tree that a woodpecker has torn up.  Ugh.  I'm going to be sick. Where's my Pepto Bismol?  Oh, it's right here in my Route 44 cup where I enjoy gulping it down daily.  Stupid me. 
#4: It's 9:14 a.m. and I'm letting my 2-year-old eat potato chips because he brought them to me while I was typing.  I need to go to time-out.
#5: I still have a poinsettia sitting on my kitchen counter.  It's pretty, but, HELLO, McFLY, it's not Christmas anymore.  Do I just end his life or let him keep spreading the Christmas cheer right through spring and summer?
#6: I love to play practical jokes on my husband but only when he knows I am going to play them.  This annoys him.  I like to be annoying.  For example, when he is looking out the driver's side window, I like to point my finger really close to his cheek and then say, "Hey, look over there!"  He knows that my finger is ready to jab him in the cheek, so he knocks it out of the way.  I will play this joke on him relentlessly during the trip until I finally get him.  Yeah, I don't know why I do that either.
#7: I am the Nap Nazi.  People like to laugh and say, "Yeah, Johnny Jingle Jangle Jungle, Jr. here gave up his nap when he was just 2 days old and, well, what could I do?"  My 2-year-old WILL take a nap, dagnabbit.  If you are physically around me when it is 1:00 p.m., you would probably fall under my nap spell as well.  I can get a real soothing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" going.

I'm passing this award to these 7 blogs that make me laugh!










MEETING ADJOURNED!!