Funny Stories About Losing Things


Back in 2011 I wrote a post about how I lost my wedding ring for a week but didn't tell my husband. I didn't want to hear any lecturing. As I went to fold some laundry, I found it at the top of the pile. I had washed and dried it! I wanted so much to keep that little incident a secret, but my then 3-year-old son was right beside me when I found it. He got super excited because I was super excited. I hastily told him, "Don't tell Daddy I found my ring." Seconds later, my husband came home. Seconds later, my son yelled, "Mommy found her ring!!"

He just couldn't contain himself.

He was like Sue and her surprises.

"Ohhhhhh, my Gaaaaaaaah. OHHHHHH, MYYYYY GAAAAAAH."



          This picture is from Vimeo.com.

I have countless stories like this one. I am sort of the joke in the family when it comes to things getting lost.

A couple of weeks ago, though, I realized that it's not my fault. It's my grandmother's fault.

I am just like her.

She was telling me funny stories about when she lost things and I was laughing all night. These two stories are just the tip of the storyberg.

SETTING: Sometime in the glorious 80s.

Story #1: She had bought the cutest silver earrings from a little shop in Mexico. Real sterling silver, too, she added. She loved them. They were so stylish and dangly. One day she realized one was missing. She looked everywhere. Everywhere, everywhere, everywhere. "And, I'll be doggone" (her exact words) "I found it in a file folder a year later". A file folder!! She had been filing something in her home office and one fell right out and into some old receipts or tax returns or something.

I love that story but not nearly as much as I love this one...

Story #2: She couldn't find her gold ring that she loved so much. She looked in every nook and cranny she could think of... She finally gave up. A week later, she went to pour cereal and out fell her ring in her cereal bowl. It had slipped off when she was snacking on cereal a week prior. Slipped right off her dang hand!

Isn't that just AWESOME??

I know you have some funny stories about losing things. Get to telling them in the comments below! ( Pretty please?)