Rats in Hats

Right now, I am all about this song written & sang by Kara DioGuardi (singer/songwriter/judge on American Idol): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTeBtw9Jhsc. I love it, I love it, I love it (picture Molly Shannon here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeVkjLx7Xng )! Hold on, y'all. Give me a minute. I have to catch my breath. Hahahahahahaha.........aaahhhhhhhhh....hahahahaha!! Oooohhhh, me. What I wouldn't give to make a living yelling "I love it, I love it, I love it!" like that.


I am so procrastinating on doing things I really should be doing so that I can type some nonsense all up in this blog. I need a babysitter. I need someone to march my behind back into my room and make me clean my cluttered closet out. I need someone to hold my nose in my clothes pile while saying "no, no! Bad girl!" Just the other day, a family of well-dressed rodents (top hat, petticoats & all) came out of there and said they had had enough. I'm kidding, of course, but only about the top hat. No, I'm kidding again. You never can tell with me, I know.

Enough of that mess (pun intended...don't you like when people give you direction on whether or not the pun was intended?) and on to THIS mess- my little dudes. I have discovered life is better if we stay outside all day. They love being out there. I asked Austin last time we were at the park where he was going to sleep that night- with the nutria, under the slide, in the bathroom with the burglar bars... I told them if we didn't leave I was going to have to heat up a mean mulch, grass and rock stew that they were just going to love! The boys never want to leave the stinkin' park, I tell you. I enjoy being there, too, but when the family of nutria waddle over and ask if we'll be staying a while because they've made roast beef and have plenty to share, I think we've crossed a line! People come and go (we've actually seen a little girl go from being pushed in her stroller to riding a unicycle all in one visit) but we remain. I know I loved being outside as a child and I want my sons to have fond memories of playing pirates at the park, but GEEZ LOUISE!

I am now pulling the shutters down into the window of my mind for your sake. Trust me. It's for the best.